Stronghold Halloween Update
A terrible spell has been cast over your (mostly) innocent peasants with the arrival of our Stronghold 2 and Stronghold Legends Halloween updates! Something horrible has happened to your faithful subjects, their once endearing visage twisted and corrupted by the artists at Firefly Studios. Your only hope is to resist the temptation to hollow out and decorate their new noggins, instead putting them to work away from your corrupted keep. You could try burning your problems away with the new wholly cosmetic green wildfire, although we’re told the curse can only be lifted by those who cast it…
- Pumpkins – Terrify the locals with horrifically impractical pumpkin-head peasants or break the spell by assigning them work in your castle.
- New Maps – Besiege friends and family across four new skirmish maps, marching armies across bat shaped beaches and pumpkin peninsula.
- Wildfire – Melt the hearts (also – skin) of your online adversaries by bathing their castles and temporarily disfigured peasants in magical green fire.
- The Great Pumpkin [Stronghold 2]
- Das Bat [Stronghold 2]
- The Graveyard [Stronghold Legends]
- Stake, Battle and Soul [Stronghold Legends]
With all these horrific transformations and cleansing magical flames about we thought it best to balance the whole thing out with a sale! For the duration of the Steam Halloween Sale you can get 15% off the recently-released Stronghold 2: Steam Edition and a whopping 50% off last year’s Stronghold Legends Steam update. New players can try out the Halloween update immediately, which will last for the duration of the event and applies to both games.
Please Note – The Stronghold Halloween updates are also only available on Steam for players who have downloaded the latest version of the game. This event will last one week with the above cosmetic changes in place until 2pm GMT on November 2nd. After this time the spell will break, your peasants returning to normal and the eternal green fire becoming regular garden variety not-at-all-magic fire once again. Any maps added to the game for this event will however remain available via the Steam Workshop links above.