Castle Sim Features
We’ve just announced six new castle economy features coming to Stronghold: Warlords next year. The latest historical real-time strategy game in our classic ‘castle sim’ series, Warlords will take Stronghold east to explore new castle economies, religion and fresh resource chains. In addition a host of series improvements are on their way, including a brand new roads system and mini-economies for the titular warlords!
From dancing bears and peasants skipping around the maypole to jousting, and even the controversial gong system, Stronghold has always added plenty of fine touches to help simulate the bustle of a large feudal city. City builder elements are what define Stronghold both as an RTS and a simulation of castle life, with Stronghold: Warlords adding its own unique sim elements to the mix:
- Boost troop morale with opera houses and martial arts performances
- Strike fear in the hearts of peasants and boost productivity with torture devices!
- Connect roads to streamline certain industries and resource chains
- Build temples and boost the Spirit of your populous
- Get friendly warlords to boost your industry with their own mini-economies
- House your peasants in luxury accommodation to keep them happy