C++ Generalist/Gameplay Programmer
Firefly Studios are looking for a C++ Generalist/Gameplay Programmer to join their team to work on an exciting new Unreal Engine 5 project currently in development.
Firefly are a small team and we are specifically looking for a multi-disciplined programmer who enjoys working on many different aspects of the game. The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of C++ and experience of working with Unreal Engine within a production environment.
At Firefly we like to give team members a degree of freedom over their work so you will need to be self motivated, hard working and reliable, happy to work within a team or individually, enjoy responsibility and have the ability to take the initiative and go beyond the brief where needed.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, with all suitable applications considered equally regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression. We are looking to improve the diversity of our teams and believe firmly in the value of varied life experiences, backgrounds and cultures.
- Expert C++ programmer
- Computer science and maths background
- Unreal Engine Experience
- Game development experience
- Ability to work within a team to produce a finish project
- Self-sufficient, can finish tasks to high standards
- Confidence to take on responsibility, be ready to own a system and take it to completion
Highly Desirable Skills
- Experience with or interest in pathfinding algorithms
- Experience with or interest in lockstep-based approaches to simulation and networking
- Love of strategy games
You will be required to demonstrate your skills via a portfolio of finished projects (demos or shipped)
Benefits of Working at Firefly Studios
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (in addition to the 8 UK bank holidays)
- Devolver share bonus scheme (based on group performance)
- Optional BUPA health and dental insurance (after completion of the probationary period)
- Life assurance
- New computer hardware or upgrades to allow you to do your job remotely
About Firefly Studios
Best known as the creators of the Stronghold ‘castle sim’ series, Firefly Studios has over 20 years of history developing historical strategy games on PC and mobile. Enjoyed worldwide by a community of millions, the series has a dedicated international following and hundreds of thousands of active users.
Firefly are a small, fun, dynamic, social team, ideal for fun, dynamic, social people who happen to be awesome programmers. We offer a creative and flexible working environment that allows its employees the freedom and opportunities to maximise their talent.
In 2021 Firefly was acquired by acclaimed indie publisher Devolver Digital.
- The company is fully remote. Ideally we are looking for someone based in the UK but we would consider candidates based on the US East Coast too. We also have a small office near Victoria Station in London which staff can use on a flexible basis.
How to Apply
To apply please use the form below and include:
- Covering letter
- A link to a demo of your work or online portfolio
We look forward to receiving your application, as well as your earliest possible starting date! If you have questions regarding the role please include these when you apply via email.