8.4/10 – PC Gamer
8.5/10 – Computer and Video Games
8/10 – Yahoo! Games
Enjoy Steam multiplayer, visual enhancements, achievements, new maps and Steam Workshop support in this remaster of the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Stronghold. Free for existing Steam owners!
- Remastered for Steam – Steam multiplayer, Workshop, achievements, new maps, soundtrack and digital art book.
- Rule as You Desire – Rehabilitate or simply execute thieving peasants using everything from gibbets to gallows!
- Simulate Castle Life – Duel inside buildings, hold lavish banquets or build a war economy and lay siege to rival lords.
- Take the Crown – Gain Honour by title, strategy or force and dominate the new ‘Kingmaker’ skirmish mode.
- Craft Custom Maps – Create and share custom scenarios via Steam Workshop using the in-game map editor.
- Besiege Your Friends – Battle up to eight players online in Kingmaker and Deathmatch game modes.
Building on the sim gameplay of the original Stronghold, Stronghold 2 allows players to rule as they please and still conquer each skirmish. Unhappy peasants turn to crime and must be punished, rival lords can raise entire armies on their title alone and sieges must be fought tooth and nail, with close combat taking place inside castle structures. Stronghold 2 Online extends this gameplay to competitive multiplayer for up to eight players, with offline skirmish mode also available against computer-controller opponents.
Created exclusively for Steam, Stronghold 2: Steam Edition comes with Steam multiplayer, achievements, a new map pack, digital art book, complete soundtrack and trading cards. The Steam Edition also updates Stronghold 2 with full Steam Workshop support, allowing to you easily create and share custom maps with friends. Recreate iconic real-life castles, battlegrounds from medieval history and scenes from your favourite fantasy epic!
OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
Processor: 1.6GHz equivalent Intel or AMD processor
Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics: 64MB video card with hardware Transform & Lighting
Sound: DirectX 7 compatible sound card or higher
Direct X/reg;: DirectX 9.0c (included) or higher
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2.5GB uncompressed free space