8.4/10 – PC Gamer
8.5/10 – Computer and Video Games
8/10 – Yahoo! Games
The highly anticipated 3D sequel to the original Stronghold. Stronghold 2 allows players to experience true castle life with an intricate economy, siege warfare, crime and punishment systems and classic medieval events such as jousting.
- Stronghold leaps into 3D with RTS combat inside buildings and towers.
- ‘Castle life’ features such as jousting, tournaments and lavish banquets.
- Sim gameplay with a full economy, crime and torture for unruly peasants.
- Branching campaign a non-linear storyline and missions to choose from.
- New ‘Kingmaker’ skirmish mode, Freebuild, war and peace campaigns and a full map editor.
Stronghold 2 features an all-new storyline following the exploits of Sir William and his page Sir Matthew Steele, who the player takes control of. When your defeated King appears to have fled England Lord Barclay makes his move, attempting to take the crown for himself. After helping William escape from the clutches of Barclay together you must expand your lands and fortify your castles.
Entertain with jousts, lavish feasts and tournaments or rule with an iron fist and dispense medieval justice to overworked and malnourished peasants. With powerful barons jostling for power over a disintegrating kingdom, it is up to you to stem the tides of ambition and unite the land under the one true King.
OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10
Processor: 1.6GHz equivalent Intel or AMD processor
Memory: 512MB RAM
Graphics: 64MB video card with hardware Transform & Lighting
Sound: DirectX 7 compatible sound card or higher
Direct X/reg;: DirectX 9.0c (included) or higher
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2.5GB uncompressed free space