Based in London, England
For the first time ever Stronghold: Warlords allows you to recruit, upgrade and command AI lords directly across the battlefield in the form of in-game ‘Warlords’. Each warlord under your command boosts your strategic prowess with their own unique perks, characteristics and upgradeable abilities. Put them to work for your industry, fortifying borders, forging weapons or team up for a pincer attack! Each campaign mission, skirmish game and multiplayer battle means a fresh set of warlords to command and new strategic depth to discover. The next chapter in Firefly Studios' real-time strategy series, Stronghold: Warlords is Firefly's first game to recreate the castle economies of the Far East. In Warlords you take command of Mongol hordes, imperial warriors and samurai clansmen as you lay siege to Japanese castles and fortified Chinese cities. Besiege historical warlords using new gunpowder-fuelled siege weapons, classic units and a completely new way to play Stronghold.
Following the success of Stronghold Crusader 2, Firefly’s first ever self-publishing Stronghold game, early design work began on their next entry in the classic ‘castle sim’ series. A number of prototypes came and went with the intention of adding something completely new to the series’ trademark gameplay. Lead Designer Simon Bradbury knew he wanted to evolve the estates system from previous games, giving players greater control and strategic options across the battlefield. The new Warlords Map was born from this initial design goal and extended to include unique upgradable commanders with their own unique perks and characteristics. When it came to choosing a setting Firefly looked toward a new time and place for their next title. The Far East was chosen as a suitable framework for the warlords, new siege equipment, gunpowder and troops from different cultures across Asia. After just over a year in active development Stronghold: Warlords was revealed at E3 2019.
- CONQUER AND COMMAND WARLORDS across the battlefield unlocking more powerful castles, armies and abilities.
- RECRUIT NEW UNITS including imperial fire lancers, disciplined samurai, Mongolian bowmen and auxiliary laddermen.
- RELIVE HISTORICAL CAMPAIGNS from 3rd century BC China through to the rise of the Shogunate and coming of the Mongol Empire.
- RAZE YOUR ENEMIES with the arrival of gunpowder and new siege equipment such as the fire lance, siege tower and flaming ox!
- BECOME THE GREATEST LORD through fear or admiration using a range of medieval entertainment, taxation and torture.
PAX West Trailer - YouTube
Alpha Demo Gameplay - YouTube
Gunpowder Feature - YouTube
Reveal Trailer - YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best of E3 - Round Up" Newsweek
- "Best of E3 - Nominee" TechRaptor
- "Best of E3 - Round Up" LevelUp
- "Best Indie Games of E3 - Round Up" Game Rant
- "Best of E3 - Round Up" IBeatItFirst
- "Best of E3 - Round Up" Gamer Headquarters
- "Closer to the classic games than I could have expected, but still with its own unique flare, Warlords is really everything I could have hoped for."
- Samuel Guglielmo, TechRaptor
- "If you’ve been looking for a new RTS to sink your teeth into then Stronghold: Warlords is one that should definitely be on your radar."
- Josh Hawkins, Shack News
- "The Far East setting provides a vibrant color palette, a nice departure from the many shades of beige seen in the desert map of Stronghold: Crusader 2."
- Mo Mozuch, Newsweek
- "The move to larger maps with AI factions is breaking new ground for the series, and a challenge that I hope FireFly can rise to."
- Dominic Tarason, Rock Paper Shotgun
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is a BAFTA nominated video game studio consisting of around 30 full and part-time staff, specialising in strategy games since 1999.
More information on Firefly Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stronghold: Warlords Credits
Lead Designer, Firefly Studios
Company President, Firefly Studios
Senior Producer, Firefly Studios