Firefly Studios are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join their team to work on an exciting new project. We are looking for an individual with strong user interface design skills to design and create a great user experience.
Firefly are a small team so this a great opportunity to be a key member in the creative process for a game at the start of production. As UI/UX Designer, you will use your technical and creative experience to design all aspects of the front end and in-game user interface. You will be an expert in user interface design and presentation. You will work beside our UI Artist and help contribute prototype and final assets for the user interface.
You will be expected to jump straight into the project so we are looking for a confident individual with good technical skills and the ability to effectively manage their workload. At Firefly we like to give team members a degree of freedom over their work so you will need to be self motivated, hard working and reliable, happy to work within a team or individually, enjoy responsibility and have the ability to take the initiative and go beyond the brief where needed.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply, with all suitable applications considered equally regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression. We are looking to improve the diversity of our teams and believe firmly in the value of varied life experiences, backgrounds and cultures.
This role is currently remote due to the covid situation. In the long-term, however, we plan to move to a flexible working system, allowing employees to work remotely and/or in our London office. Ideally candidates will be UK based but candidates outside the UK will also be considered.
- Create functional UI layouts and templates
- Create layouts and elements for the in-game HUD
- Provide relevant text and tool tips for the UI elements
- Offer support and expertise to in-house artists who create the UI assets
- Backfill any needed UI art
- Promote UI and UX sensibility and best practices to design and art
- Anticipate needs and assist in planning for the UI
- Identify and mitigate risks early and communicate them clearly
- In depth understanding of user flow, player flow, and cognitive load in the context of games
- Expertise in Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator)
- Experience building wire frames and mock ups for UI design
- Collaborative as well as a self-starter
- Solid artistic skills, experience as a UI artist
- Prior experience as a UI Designer in video games
- Experience with UE4
- Relevant university education (but not essential)
You will be required to demonstrate your skills via a portfolio of finished projects.
About Firefly Studios
Best known as the creators of the Stronghold ‘castle sim’ series, Firefly Studios has over 20 years of history developing historical strategy games on PC and mobile. Enjoyed worldwide by a community of millions, the series has a dedicated international following and hundreds of thousands of active users.
Firefly are a small, fun, dynamic, social team, ideal for fun, dynamic, social people who happen to be awesome. We offer a creative and flexible working environment that allows its employees the freedom and opportunities to maximise their talent.
Currently remote with a long-term plan to move to a flexible system allowing employees to work remotely and/or in our London office.