Assistant Community Manager
Looking to enter the games industry? Join us at Firefly!
An exciting developer of PC and mobile games, Firefly Studios is the proudly independent creator of Stronghold. Enjoyed worldwide by more than 10 million players, the series has a dedicated international community of fans.
We are looking for a driven, invested individual to help grow our online presence. The ideal candidate will have a passion for engaging with online communities, as well as the creativity and technical skills to influence and grow these communities.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager and working our video team it will be your responsibility to develop our reputation, hone the perception of our games and improve social outreach by interacting with fans online and in person. Attending to fans on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Steam and other platforms, you will develop campaigns on social media to help them feel actively involved and invested in the development of our games.
- Strategize, analyse and plan content creation across various social channels
- Set community expectations with an active and consistent online presence
- Develop social strategies to influence communities and bring in new followers
- Write news, blog and tweet about our games online
- Pursue new avenues for social outreach and community building
- Organize player feedback, highlighting trends and expectations
- Knowledge of community management, its tools and channels
- Excellent creative writing skills and social media savvy
- A high level of charm, emotional energy and intelligence
- Great communication skills and the ability to read the room online
- Good organisational skills and a professional manner
- Genuine passion for video games and online communities
- An active, friendly and popular online presence
- A fan or community account for a game or series you are passionate about
- Graphic design skills and experience with image editing software (e.g. Photoshop)
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media analytics
Experience within the games industry is not essential but an interest of being involved in the games industry is important.
Firefly Studios is a small, fun, dynamic, social team, ideal for fun, dynamic, social people who happen to be awesomely talented. We offer a creative and flexible working environment that allows its employees the freedom and opportunities to maximise their talent.
The position will be based at our office near Clapham Junction, London. All candidates must be currently based in the UK.
About Firefly Studios
Firefly Studios is an independent PC and mobile game developer specialising in strategy and MMO titles since 1999. Formed by Simon Bradbury and Eric Ouellette of Caesar and Lords of the Realm fame, the company has brought to market many high profile and commercially successful strategy games. These include the Stronghold series with lifetime sales of over six million units and Stronghold Kingdoms, which currently has over 6 million registered players from more than 100 different countries. Firefly has offices in the UK and US, with around 35 full and part-time staff. For more information visit our website at fireflyworlds.com or follow @fireflyworlds on Twitter.
168 Lavender Hill