Firefly Studios are looking for a 3D Artist to work on the next game in the classic Stronghold series.
Working as part of a small art team, the successful candidate will need to be an excellent allrounder, good at creating high and low poly models, texturing and animating buildings and actors. Ideally candidates will have some experience of working on a shipped game but we are also happy to consider talented graduates who can demonstrate their skills.
At Firefly we like to give team members a degree of freedom over their work so you will need to be self motivated, hard working and reliable, happy to work within a team or individually, enjoy responsibility and have the ability to take the initiative and go beyond the brief where needed.
- Create high and low poly game assets
- Create LOD models
- Animate 3D characters and props
- Create textures for buildings, characters, environments and props
- Prioritize workflow and complete assigned tasks
- Work closely with producers, designers and programmers to ensure that all aspects of game assets meet the desired requirements
Skills & Requirements
- Must have knowledge of 3D Studio Max
- Advanced 3D modelling
- Experience in modelling 3D buildings, environments and props using high poly to low poly workflows
- Must have ZBrush experience
- Must have Substance painter experience
- Must have Photoshop experience
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Experience with game engine(s)
- Able to follow existing art styles
- 1+ years of experience in the videogames industry
- Experience of shipping a game
- Experience in adjacent fields: 2D art, concepting, particles and physics simulation
- Familiar with source control systems
The position will be based at our office in Battersea, London. All candidates must be currently based in the UK.
How to Apply
To apply please use the form below, being sure to include the following:
- Covering letter
- Link to Portfolio
We look forward to receiving your application, as well as your earliest possible starting date! If you have questions regarding the role please include these when you apply via email.