Online Community Manager (Russia)
Submission Deadline: 22/03/2018
Break into the games industry! Join Firefly Studios as our Russian Community Manager and kick start your career in videogames.
Looking to enter the games industry? Join us at Firefly!
We are the proudly independent creator of Stronghold. Played in more than 100 countries worldwide, the series has a dedicated international community of fans and lifetime sales of over seven million.
We are looking for an entry level, skilled candidate fluent in written Russian and passionate about videogames, MMOs and online communities to work with us on a part time basis of 20 hours per week. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager and QA Manager your primary responsibilities will include PR, customer services and translation work. You will be expected to liaise with Russian press, contact streamers, answer support tickets for all our games and translate everything from news posts to in-game text.
- Growing our online community on VK with daily activity in the form of posts, competitions and news about our games
- Maintaining a strong bond, dialogue and presence with our community on VK, external forums and other channels (e.g. Discord);
- Supporting marketing efforts through press, YouTuber and streamer outreach;
- Building a Russian community for new games from announcement to release;
- Translating news posts, in-game text and release notes for game updates;
- Dealing with player complaints in a professional manner, both in-game and through our system of support tickets;
- Writing and maintaining game support documentation;
- Maintaining effective communication with the support teams and availability, to ensure a productive working environment;
- Excellent written Russian – Superior grammar and spelling ability in your native language;
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities using forums, web sites and social media a plus;
- Experience with image editing software (e.g. Photoshop, GIMP) for localisation and creation of social assets a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal writing skills and a friendly, professional disposition with the ability to speak to a diverse online audience in English and your native language;
- A passion for gaming, strategy titles and MMOs;
- An ability to take the initiative, be proactive and deliver results in-between assigned projects;
- Time and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently;
- Contract (3 Months) – 20 hours per week @ £650 per month.
- Aberdeen (Applicants seeking to work remotely will also be considered)
How to Apply
Your contact for this job offer is our Marketing Manager, Nick Tannahill. To apply, please use the form below or email Nick directly at nick (at) fireflyworlds.com with the following:
- Covering letter
- Any social media links reflecting your online presence or community management experience (e.g. YouTube channel, Twitch or Twitter account)
We look forward to receiving your application, as well as your earliest possible starting date! If you have questions regarding the role please include these when you apply via email.